Oakdene Care Home is owned by Mountain Ash Care Group which is run by Michael Hunt, Joan Scott and Malcolm Scott. Penny Knowles RGN (Registered General Nurse) is the manager.
Oakdene Care Home has:
- 7 qualified nurses.
- 6 senior carers all with NVQIII in Health and Social Care or working towards it.
- 22 care assistants, over 90% of whom have NVQ II in Health and Social Care or working towards the Level II Diploma in Health and Social Care (which has now replaced NVQs).
- 1 Activities Co-ordinator.
- 7 Kitchen staff (2 of whom have completed their NVQ in Cookery).
- 3 Domestics (1 of whom has completed a Team Leading course).
- 2 Laundry staff (1 of whom is doing her Level 1 Diploma in Housekeeping).
- 1 Maintenance Man/Gardener.
- 1 Administrator.
The Home's staff members are selected for their qualities of friendliness, integrity, reliability, skill and professionalism. They are carefully screened and references are always checked thoroughly. All staff undergo a DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service) before commencing work.
All of the team undergo regular staff appraisals, supervision and training in subjects relevant to their duties. All staff are given training in health and safety, moving and handling, infection control, and abuse awareness.
Senior Care Assistants